Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Paint has Dried

The paint has dried in the living/dining room and I think it's the gray we want. Could be a touch darker, but I think it's good to go. Here's what it looks like this morning. That's our kitchen cabinets in the above photo under all the plastic, enjoying its temporary home.

The photo below illustrates how the final color is NOT blue. Our final gray (Nimbus gray by Benjamin Moore) is on the right and the previous "gray", aka blue, is on the left. Hard to see the difference at first. I think that depending on lighting the current gray will look blue-ish too at times.



Here's our chocolate accent wall in the master. Thinking it's a good call to just go with an accent wall although somewhere deep down I feel like I'm chickening out. We're going with a darker tan/khaki for the other walls and walk-in closet area.



The eat-in portion of the kitchen all primed and mudded. They are hoping to texture it all tonight (Gray paint in the hallway/entry way).



Work part of the kitchen, ready to texture.
So do you think the paint looks "blue", as my mother said this morning? Or gray? I am sure it looks different in person, its hard to say. All I can say is that it's a lot better than the previous color!

In other news, the carpeting we ordered is back ordered until the 18th...back to the drawing board, we cannot wait that long :(

No comments:

Post a Comment